Epic: A Journey Through Church History
This offer to review our materials is a program for priests, religious, DREs, teachers, youth ministers, and others authorized to make purchase decisions for a parish, (arch)diocese or school. Click here for more information.
Epic: A Journey through Church History
Utilizing the same structure as The Great Adventure, Epic presents twelve color-coded time periods of Church History that identify the main events in Church History, Culture, and Politics, as well as the Popes, Martyrs, Saints and Doctors of the Church. Developed by teachers and historians Steve Weidenkopf and Dr. Alan Schreck, this exciting learning system will teach you Church history from a truly Catholic perspective.
Epic has been granted the Imprimatur by Justin Cardinal Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia.
In Epic You Will:
- Learn about the major people, places, and events of the two-thousand years of Church history.
- Remember the 12 time periods of Church history using a unique color-coded system.
- Learn the true story of the Crusades.
- Understand the rationale for the medieval inquisitors and the Spanish Inquisition.
- Discover the revolutionary character of the Protestant Reformation.
- Know the real story of the confrontation between Galileo and the Church.
- Discover the massive persecution of Christians in the twentieth century.
- Learn about the workings of the Holy Spirit throughout Church history.